Clinical Applications of CBD
Dr. Derrick DeSilva, Jr., MD, Senior Attending Staff, Dept. of Medicine, Raritan Bay Medical Center (RBMC) and Teaching Faculty JFK Medical Center
The endocannabinoid system (ECS) is perhaps the most important physiologic system involved in establishing and maintaining human health. Endocannabinoid receptors are found throughout the body: in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells.
In each tissue, the cannabinoid system performs different tasks, but the goal is always the same: homeostasis or balance.
CBD has shown promising results in independent research and studies as a treatment for a variety of conditions ranging from:
This presentation will review the basic science of CBD and the scientific evidence supporting the many applications of CBD along with the clinical applications of Full Spectrum Hemp Oil (CBD) that can be used in medical practice.
• Senior Attending Staff, Dept. of Medicine, Raritan Bay Medical Center(RBMC), Perth Amboy, NJ
• Teaching Faculty JFK Medical Center, Edison, NJ
• Past-Chairman of Planning Com. Age Management Medicine Group (AMMG)
• Past President of American Nutraceutical Association
• Recipient of the Alan Mintz Award for Excellence in Clinical Age Management Medicine
• Best Doctor Award by Castle Connolly for the past 19 consecutive years
• Host of “Ask the Doctor” on WCTC Radio, NJ
• Medical correspondent for Cablevision (News 12 NJ) and Host of “Health Matters”
• Published Author